Intro to FIVE Tools
Our Software and our Education is designed for any individual aged 8 to 88 who wants to "Practice Bookkeeping and Accounting". Here's FIVE educational tools you'll want to explore sooner or later to get your framework right.
- "The Three Slice Pie" and "The 6 Box Model" were the initial models for this project. They convey ways to think about Accounting Systems generically and Hollistically. They takes 8 minutes to digest.
- "The Simplicity List" identifies every small business person's basic needs in a generic way. If you read the top of this web page, you consumed it already. KISS. "Keep it Simple and Silly"
- The "Intro to Bookkeping and Accounting via Invoices and Monthly Statements Flowchart" was created to help bring the Simplicity List and the 6 Box Model to life. Follow both paths twice, learning more with every pass. The distinction and clear separation between Managerial/Cost Accounting and Tax/Financial Accounting is the key takeaway. It takes 6 minutes to digest.
- The "BK Data Flow Subdomain" is a one page website that details the data flow for our Bookkeeping Template. Once you understand the health that separation between Managerial/Cost Accounting and Tax/Financial Accounting provides, this will become a valuable resource for understanding the data flow on the Tax/Financial Acocunting Side of the models.
- The dividing line we draw initially between Managerial/Cost Accounting and Tax/Financial Accounting is based on an arbitrary rule in the US tax code related to a $5 Million/year revenue threshold. Above $5 Million in sales and you will find a minor shift in the dividing line we share initially. Learn it the way we've presented it. Once you have it down, we'll tell you the fibs we created to get you to the next level.
- If you are only here for a Bookkeeping Solution and not a Sales System or other Mangerial/Cost Accounting Supplements, the "Intro to Accounting via Invoices and Monthly statements flowchart" is still your best first step for education. Even if you have a Sales System you want or need to stick with, consume our education as presented first just to make sure your foundations are well laid and then move on.
- Our Bookkeeping Solution requires zero knowledge of debits and credits for initial use making it unlike any other commercial, double entry software solution in the marketplace. An opportunity to learn about them abounds for those who wish to do so, but as you will see, they are not required for any data entry. For fun, there is a switch you can use to turn Debits and Credits on and off on the backend for experiential education.
- All FIVE of these tools can be found on the first page on the Orientation Menu. If nothing else, check that out before reaching for the free software templates.