Resources > Education > Subdomains
In a Digital Age, Bookkeeping and Accounting with Positive and Negative Values is the way to Teach and Do Bookkeeping. Debits and Credits for long addition are no longer needed, and their old role can be explained after-the-fact !
- https://tax-vs-managerial.zap-accounting-software.com/ - If you've decided you want to learn bookkeeping or accounting, this is the place to start. What you will come to realize is that everyone's Managerial Bookkeeping and Accounting needs will vary slightly or dramatically, but all of us have the exact same baseline needs for Bookkeeping for Tax/Financial Accounting, no matter the size of the company, household or personal budget. That makes Bookkeeping for Tax/Financial Accounting by far the best place to start for everyone's Accounting Education.
This subdomain introduces three foundational reports produced in the Bookkeeping for Tax/Financial Accounting process. These three reports give great insight into basic financial information for any type of venture and they become the spring board to help you determine what additional work you need to do in Managerial Bookkeeping and Accounting to create a complete Bookkeeping and Accounting System that works for you.
- https://three-reports.zap-accounting-software.com - From the Tax vs Managerial Accounting Subdomain you learned that it's important for everyone to start with a focus on Bookkeeping for Tax/Financial Accounting. You also learned that Bookkeeping for Tax/Financial Accounting results in THREE primary reports: 1) The Net Income Statement 2) the Net Worth Statement and 3) the Comparative Net worth Statement. These three reports answer three key questions. 1) How much did you make for a given period of time 2) What was your (company's) Net Worth on a given date and time and 3) Do your books accurately account for changes from your (company's) net worth from the beginning of the reporting period to the end of the reporting period without obvious errors or omissions.
- https://five-step-bookkeeping.zap-accounting-software.com/ - Now that you know we all need to focus on Tax/Financial Bookkeeping first no matter who we are, it's time to focus on HOW we are going to operationally create our Bookkeeping Records for Tax/Financial Accounting. The Bookkeeping Process in our Bookkeeping Spreadsheet Template is a very straight forward, semi-automated and logical process that was designed to mirror the EXACT PROCESS an IRS Auditor, a CPA, or a Forensic Accountant would use to Audit your finances "after-the-fact" (aka in arrears). This subdomain provides a single page reference for the five simple steps you need to use to do your Bookkeeping for Tax Accounting in ZAP's Bookkeeping Module. It also compares our 5 step system to a trademarked 5 Step System for Quickbooks to show an interesting difference in approaches. One is liberating. The other is very confining. Some of the differences are due to commercial grifting while others are due to the dramatically different underlying technologies that exist between a Spreadsheet and a Database.
- https://spreadsheets-vs-databases.zap-accounting-software.com - This subdomain provides a side by side comparison of Spreadsheet Technology vs Database Technology. Databases are wonderful tools for text storage and management. The best. The Database software systems that are currently promoted for commercial use today (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access, etc) were not designed for proper handling of numbers and math. They were designed for very "efficient' handling of numbers without decimal places, but not proper handling of numbers, especially numbers with decimal places. When you gain an understanding of what Database Developers have to do to handle penny tracking for financial applications and compare that to spreadsheets, most will be shocked. Spreadsheets have always been the correct tool for money management and tracking. Not databases. You never learned that because it is NOT profitable and it would have been far too empowering for the masses from the perspective of those who thrived on commercial control.
- https://zap-vs-quickbooks.zap-accounting-software.com - You now have the background to realize a spreadsheet based system focused solely on Tax/Financial Bookkeeping needs that is NOT tied to any other systems such as Quoting, Inventory, Invoicing, Payroll systems is in fact the BEST solution for all of our Tax/Financial Accounting needs. Furthermore, a spreadsheet system for Tax/Financial Bookkeeping should also NOT be tied to lists like Customers and Vendors You also now have the background to realize the unhealthy push towards the current database offerings for digital math needs as opposed to Early Childhood Education with a Spreadsheet component could only have been intentional. The information at this Subdomain helps show "just how far off the most well known solution" (QuickBooks) is from the "best solution by far". ( the content for this can be currently found at the https://empowerment-4-cpas.zap-accounting-software.com )
- https://bookkeeping-reimagined.zap-accounting-software.com - Our Reimagination Series of Subdomains helps those who had prior background with Quickbooks or other software solutions get a technical grasp on the systemic differences that ZAP Accounting Education, Spreadsheets and a few key vocabulary changes bring to Bookkeeping. From this subdomain it's easy to drill down into more of them for ever greater resolution on a truly paradigm shifting way to learn and be.
- https://bookkeeping-abcs.zap-accounting-software.com - This is a comprehensive website which uses the 5 Step bookkeeping process to spring into all the operational details you need to understand how to do your Bookkeeping in ZAP's Bookkeeping module. This is also great general education should you desire to continue with the use of other software now or later.